Jimi Smoot is a self proclaimed tech geek who works as Director of Sales in CPX’s LA office. Find out more about Jimi, including his past work experience, and why he loves the online advertising industry.
1. Who are you, and what do you do here at CPX?
I’m Jimi, and I am a West Coast Director of Sales, which means that I have the great job of meeting new people every day and making sure they know the ins and outs of CPX.
2. You were just in New York City for sales training with the rest of the CPX Sales team. What did you get out of that experience?
The understanding that, as service providers, we can never do enough to understand the goals of our clients and work tirelessly to help bring those goals into reality.
3. What did you do before you came to CPX?
Before CPX, I spent some time at MySpace, packaging offline and online programs for brands. Prior to that, I worked on the agency side of the business. There, I developed strategic media plans aimed at solving marketing problems.
4. You’ve worked with a lot of different brands. What is one of the most memorable experiences you’ve had?
While I was at MySpace, we put together a concert series with Adidas (through an amazing partnership with my friends over at Carat) which included major talent such as Flo Rida and Method Man/Red Man. The catch was, to get tickets for the concerts, people would need to pick them up from Adidas’ original stores in their respective markets. We had folks driving from Orange County to the Hollywood Adidas store for the LA concerts. Overall, we drove hundreds of people from online to brick and mortar adidas locations. The client was extremely happy, and the program was so much fun to work on.
5. What is your favorite thing about working in the online advertising industry?
Hands down, the people. Where else would you find such a friendly group of smart people who are looking to work hard and know how to have a good time?
Connect with Jimi on Twitter!